We are committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe experience with all aspects of the Services.
Nimbus Health, Inc. is the data controller, irrespective of where you live.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
When you use the Services, we ask you to provide certain personal information necessary for the Services and for us to carry out the activities as outlined below.
When you create a user account
To get started with the Services you will need to create a user account (referred to as the “Account”) which will contain various identifying information, for instance about the form-factor of your medication. You can create the Account through various means including through Website, App or, with some exceptions in the United States, your Healthcare Professional (as defined in the Terms of Service).
The following personal information is required to create an Account:
- Your first name and surname;
- Your email address, phone number and country of residence;
- Details about your prescription(s), including the type of inhaler(s) you use and, the number and time of the doses you have been prescribed;
- Information found in electronic health records, such as insurance and health information;
- If you order one of our Sensors online, your address, so we can deliver it to you; and
- If you are a Healthcare Professional using the Services for your patients (but not for patients who are U.S. residents), we will ask you for your name, contact details, geographic location, and professional qualifications;
- If you choose to share your personal information with a Healthcare Professional or third party, you will be asked to provide their contact details.
When you log into the Account using third party services
When you choose to log in into your Account using a third party social media or authentication service, you are giving us access to and permit us to store certain information from that third party service, for example your name, email address(es), current city, profile picture URL, and other personal information that the third party service makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. Before you decide to use the third party services to log into the Account, please make sure you check your privacy settings on these third party services to understand what information is shared with us.
When you sync your Sensors through the App
The Sensors log information about your medication use and lung function from the moment you start using them. When you sync your Sensors with the App, we receive the information collected by the Sensors.
When you use our App or Websites
When you use our App or Websites, we may ask you for information relevant to tracking and improving the management of your respiratory health.
Our devices require Bluetooth® wireless technology to function. If you are an Android user, please note that Android requires coarse location permissions in order to use Bluetooth® wireless technology, as Bluetooth® can be used to derive your location.
When you access our Websites, we collect and analyze technical information about user activities, such as user traffic patterns, IP addresses, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes, referring and exit pages and URL, the state or country from which you accessed the Websites, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the time spent on a page, the terms used in searches on the Website, the time and date you access the Websites, upload or post content, error logs and other similar information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Services are intended to help you learn more about your health. To do this, we collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the best experience possible with the Services, including creating your Account, displaying Sensor information to you and information which lets you track your respiratory health;
- Responding to your inquiries, requests, complaints, and providing technical support;
- Keeping you posted with our latest announcements and changes to the Services;
- Analyzing and improving our products and services;
- Conducting statistical and other analyses about use of the Services;
- Creating aggregated data sets (see the Aggregated Information heading below);
- When you permit a third party (such as your Healthcare Professional or health plan) to access your information, using your information to assist that third party in carrying out its operations;
- As required to by legal or regulatory obligations;
- To enforce our Terms of Service;
- Other purposes as required or permitted by law; and
We will only use your personal information for other purposes where you have given your valid consent to our use of your personal information for those purposes.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You are not required to provide all requested personal information, however, if you do not provide the information, you may not be able to register for and use parts of the Services.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your right to control who accesses your information. We share your personal information when:
- Your account is set up by a third party, you enable us to share your information with a third party or you choose to share your information with other mobile applications or websites. In these cases, by turning on the data sharing, you enable us to share your personal information, including health-related information, with a third party at your discretion. If you instruct us to share information from your Account with a third party, the information will be the responsibility of that third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties carefully.
- We may engage certain third party data processors to provide certain aspects of the Services.
- When: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant) or other legal requirements; (ii) disclosure would mitigate Nimbus’s liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (iii) necessary to protect the legal rights of Nimbus’s users, customers, business partners or other interested parties; or (iv) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law).
We will use your information to create aggregated data sets which no longer identify you as a person. We will use aggregated data for any purpose at our sole discretion, for example, statistical modeling of medication adherence, behavioral patterns, or market segment research. If we transfer aggregated data to third parties, we will make sure there are measures in place to ensure the third party cannot identify you.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take great care to make sure that your information is kept safe, but no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials. Nimbus will treat access to the Services through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may, at our discretion, suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice, if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below. If we become aware of a possible security breach, we will ensure that it is addressed in accordance with applicable laws.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
If you deactivate your account, your information is retained on our secure servers for as long as permitted or required under applicable law. If you want to erase your Account information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING, MODIFYING AND ERASING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access most of your personal information in the App or Website directly, or you can request a copy of all information stored about you by asking us at email@example.com.
We take care to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. However, if any information we hold is incorrect or inaccurate, you can send us a request to correct it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask us to restrict processing of that information while we verify whether it is accurate.
You can stop the collection of your information by uninstalling the App at any time and by stopping use of the Sensors. You can also ask us to erase your personal information. When you ask us to erase your account, your information will be de-identified and access to your account will no longer be possible. You can also object to having your personal information processed for statistical analysis purposes by contacting us in writing at the address below. Please note, if you withdraw your consent to Nimbus processing your personal information, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing done prior to you withdrawing consent.
Please send your requests for access, modification, or erasure to email@example.com. We work hard to respond to all requests in a timely manner. In some circumstances and in accordance with applicable laws, we may refuse certain requests, for example, we will decline requests that are vexatious or technically infeasible. In such cases, we will provide you with our reasons for the decision.
Where it is technically feasible for us to do so, you can request a copy of any personal information that you have provided us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, so you can transmit it to another data controller, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we will not disclose any derivative information (e.g., algorithmic results) or information which may compromise any of our intellectual property or confidential business information.
If we use automated processing of your personal information to give you feedback on your use of the Services and improve the management of your chronic condition, we will do so for information purposes only and not to make any decisions which could produce a legal effect or significantly affect you.
Minors are permitted to use the Services only with the prior consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect any information from minors, unless we have received verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that a user is a minor and has provided personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will delete such information as required by law. If you know of a minor user whose information may have been collected without consent from a parent or legal guardian, please email us at email@example.com.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
Nimbus also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics. Generally, analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. By using our sites and apps, you agree to us storing and accessing cookies and similar technologies on your device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files which are sent to and stored on your device when you visit a website or use an app. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services.
Some cookies are deleted when you close the browser on your device (session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device until their expiry or removal (persistent cookies). Some cookies relate to the functionality of the website and improve your user experience (functional cookies). Other cookies allow us to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) on the use of the website by our visitors or customers (analytical cookies). Some cookies may be essential for us to provide certain interactive functions or to ensure an online environment.
What cookies do we use and why?
Cookies that we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive but describes the main reasons we typically set cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may gather information through other methods.
How to manage cookies?
If you want to manage your cookie settings in your browser, select the ‘help’ section of your browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer) for more information. Your browser will allow you to change your cookie preferences.
You are free to delete cookies, but you may not get the full experience of our Websites.